MIDDLE SCHOOL - HIGH SCHOOL - COLLEGIATE ESSAY COMPETITION
- ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS ONLY : https://forms.gle/2SwbPEKFrMX3Khsx7
Deadline for Submission and Announcement of Winners
- Submission Deadline September 19, 2023 12 pm ET
Criteria for Submission and Review - Essay Topic
- Topic: Solving Violent Problems with Peaceful Solutions - Utilizing Innovation and Access in Blockchain Technology as a Gateway for Peace
- Submissions will be assessed by a panel of judges, selected by the BBS.
- Review the BBS Essay Guidelines
Winning essays will be published in the BBS Archive and be honored at a special event during the Black Blockchain Summit in Washington DC. Participants, regardless of their winning status, may be invited to read excerpts from their essays at the summit and/or invited to participate in Summit panel activities.
- Essays should be no less than 250 words and no more than 1000.
- Winning essays will address the competition’s essential question/topic.
- Only one entry per person or team. Maximum 3 students may team to author the essay.
- Previously published essays are not eligible.
- Your essay will remain your personal property, however by submission, the BBS and its affiliates are granted perpetual rights to share, use , publish, and cite the material submitted and associate the authors name and likeness with the work, and associate the work with the summit in any and all forms of existing and future media.
Contest submissions are open to all students ages 11-24. Contest Categories are:
- Middle School (11-14)
- High School(ages 14-18)
- Collegiate (ages 18-24)